Saturday, April 15, 2006

THE LORD IS RISEN!

I want to say, "Kresdos Haryav E Merelots" to all of you dear readers of my blog. The Lord Is Risen!

Regular visitors might have already noticed the change in the background music of my blog, I replaced the Armenian folk song's (Groong's) music with a hymning of this blessed occasion. The current music is "Kresdos Haryav E Merelots", one of the Orthodox Armenian Church's hymning of the Mass of Easter, and it's music was composed by Gomidas Vartabed.

The most beautiful thing about those hymning is the fact that they are chanted with a harmonious four-scale voices, namely Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Base.. the first two are for female voices and the latter two scales are for males. Yet it was originally composed to be chanted by four-scale male voices only, which was much more difficult to perform. How do I know that, one might ask, well I used to be one of the female Altos in my church choir some time ago, but those good old days don't seem to be coming back..


I choose to make this "Sharagan" (hymning) a background music because I thought it would be the best way for me to bring the Greatest News that "The Lord Is Risen" (Kresdos Haryav). I personally consider this hymning one of my favorites...

If you liked this Sharagan, feel free to download it from the link below, and I added yet another Easter Sharagan. You just need to select "save target as" from the menu that will appear when you right-click on the links below.

Krestos Haryav.mp3
Haryav Krestos e Merelots.mp3

HAVE A VERY BLESSED EASTER





Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home